A pin-to-pin replacement for DDC’s BU-64863T8 Total-ACE®
MIL-STD-1553 components are avaible with extra benefits.
Sital’s Total-OCTAVA™ MIL-STD-1553 components integrate a BC/RT/Monitor or RT-only MIL-STD-1553B protocol engine, memory management, processor interface logic, 4K or 64K words of RAM, as well as a dual 1553 transceiver and dual transformer in a 312-ball Plastic BGA (Ball Grid Array) package.
The Total-OCTAVA™ is a pin-to-pin replacement for DDC’s® BU-64863T8 Total-ACE®, providing electrical, mechanical and architectural compatibility.
The design of the Total-OCTAVA is based on the design of Sital’s original OCTAVA, which is a drop-in replacement for DDC’s® Enhanced Mini-ACE®.
Over the past ten years, Sital has built thousands of OCTAVAs which have been flying in military systems worldwide.
Total-OCTAVA is multi-protocol, supporting: MIL-STD-1553A, MIL-STD-1553B,MIL-STD-1760, STANAG-3838 and General Dynamics 16PP303, along with McAir A3818, A5232 and A5690.
Sital’s MIL-STD-1553 transceivers consume and dissipate extremely low power.
Total-OCTAVA BC also includes an option for detecting messages transmitted by an impersonating BC. If such messages are detected, they are reported to the BC’s host processor.
Additionally, the BC includes an additional option for providing intrusion protection (IPS).
For applications involving McAir protocols, Sital can supply Micro-OCTAVA-TEs with transceivers providing compatibility with the McAir A3818, A5232 and A5690 standards.
In conclusion, Sital Technology is a Xilinx partner with the ability to utilize many solutions.
Sital Technology and Hardware Engineering, Ltd. (xilinx.com)
- MIL-STD-1553B Notice 2, MIL-STD-1553A and MIL-STD-1760 compliant terminals
- Second Source to DDC® BU-64863T8 Total-ACE®
- 100 x 0.600 x 0.185-inch (27.5 x 15.2 x 4.7 mm) plastic 312-ball BGA
- Register/memory architecture and functionality compatible with DDC® Enhanced Mini-ACE®, Mini-ACE Mark3®, Micro-ACE(TE)® and Total-ACE®
- Asynchronous local bus host interface. Available with options for high-performance parallel interface, PCI Express, high-performance synchronous PCI or SPI interface
- Highly autonomous BC with 29 instructions, condition flags and general purpose queue
- For RT mode, single, double and circular buffering options
- Selective Monitor mode with filtering and programmable option for storing monitored data in IRIG-106 Chapter 10 file format
- 50% Rollover Interrupts for RT and Monitor Stacks & Circular Buffers
- 3V only power, with very low power dissipation and built-in real-time transmitter “tails” compensation to eliminate residual voltages (dynamic offset).
- Available in -40 to 100° C temperature range. For -55 to 125° C, consult Sital.
- BC detection of impersonating BC, with option to invalidate impersonating messages
- RT monitoring for wire faults and reporting information
- Denial of Service detection
- As an option, Sital also offers its Safe and Secure (SnS) detection of authentication violations, plus wire fault detection and location, plus a cloud-based Health Management application.
Select a Document below to view a PDF:
- Product Brief
- Data Sheet
- Safe and Secure 1553 IP Core Product Brief
- Avionic DataBus Cyber Protection
- Sital SnS Description
- DO-254 and DO-178 Certifiability
Select products for quote:
Description: MIL-STD-1553 Terminal with Integrated Transformers Providing Compatibility with DDC® Total-ACE®